In the past decade there has been a dramatic interest in cosmetic dentistry. We all realize that having a healthy, bright, beautiful smile enhances our appearance and allows us to smile with confidence. Thanks to the advances in modern cosmetic dentistry, we are able to improve our teeth and smiles with quick, painless and surprisingly affordable treatments.
Cosmetic dental treatments can:
- Change the size, shape, and alignment of certain teeth.
- Fill in unattractive spaces between teeth.
- Improve or correct bites.
- Lighten or brighten the color of teeth.
- Repair decayed, broken, cracked, or chipped teeth.
- Replace missing teeth.
- Replace old, unattractive dental treatments.
Remember, your smile speaks before you even say a word!
Our Cosmetic Dentistry Options
Thanks to advancements in modern dental care, a variety of options are available to help any person have a dazzling new smile more easily today than ever before.
Our treatments include:
- Teeth Whitening – The most commonly prescribed cosmetic dental procedure, many whitening options are now available to consumers in a wide range of prices. Dentist-supervised treatments are recommended procedures for lightening discolored teeth. In Santa Cruz Dr. Smith’s approach is always conservative recommending home use whitening strips first, then he will offer whitening trays that only need 10 to 30 minute placements. Finally Dr.Smith has Laser Whitening that requires placement in the office and usually takes about an hour.
- Invisalign – A new technology that moves teeth just like braces, but is a very thin clear plastic that fits comfortably over your teeth. It doesn’t hurt, and no one can tell your wearing it. Best of all it is affordable, and easy.
- Dental Bonding – An option for chipped or cracked teeth, bonding is a process in which an enamel-like material is applied to a tooth’s surface, sculpted into shape, hardened, and then polished for an ideal smile.
- Dental Implants – A replacement for dentures, implants are a stronger, more attractive option for replacing missing or lost teeth. An anchor is placed in the patient’s jaw, and a life-like ceramic restoration is built around it and matched to the original tooth color.
- Veneers – An increasingly popular procedure, Lumineers are ultra-thin, custom-made laminates that are affixed directly to the teeth. They are a great option for closing gaps or disguising discolored teeth that did not respond well to whitening procedures.
- Snap On Smiles – A temporary solution to your dental needs. Last 3 years! Cost is affordable, No drilling, and No shots